Monday, June 21, 2010

Have you heard of DeviantART?

Think of it as the "Myspace" for Artists. DeviantART has over 13 million registered members and attracts 35 million unique visitors per month. As a community destination, deviantART is my personal fave....the site allows emerging and established artists to display, promote, and share their works within a peer community dedicated to the arts. You may wonder why DeviantART is so popular.... I'm sure it's due to the fact that the site receives over 100,000 daily uploads of original art works ranging from traditional media, such as painting, drawing and sculpture to poetry, short stories, pixel art, films, anime, photography, digital artwork, etc. etc. etc. I view DeviantART as the "open door policy" to the world of Art, and I LOVE it! I have never been negatively criticized for any of my own work I've posted ...as a matter of fact, this community  is very encouraging to everyone willing to share their passions to the rest of us. It is for this reason (among many others) that I have decided to share the site with you. If you are an artist or just like to admire the arts from afar, then you NEED to check out DeviantART.com!

No comments:

Photo Jo Jo is the new cool!

Photojojo: World's Best Photo Projects, DIY, and Gadgets
    get this for your page
    DreamHost coupon