Friday, July 30, 2010

As heard about on NPR Talk Radio...Wikileaks

So I was listening to NPR (National Public Radio) the other day about a website that allows you to submit documents, video, audio, or just plain information that you feel needs to be shared with the public ("Principled leaking") and they mentioned the release of the Afghan War Diary, 2004-2010 which is a collection of over 91,000 reports covering the war in Afghanistan from 2004 to 2010, written by soldiers and intelligence officers. I thought to myself, wtf?! So, when I got home, I checked out this Wikileaks website and discovered it's purpose and what it's doing to make positive changes in the world...

"WikiLeaks is a multi-jurisdictional public service designed to protect whistleblowers, journalists and activists who have sensitive materials to communicate to the public.    -WikiLeaks:About Page"


Basically, this site exposes many corrupt occurrences that "we" would never know about if not for a site like this..and THAT, my friends, is why I've decided to share this site with you today.


Till next time...tell me what you think of the site.


-(I'm a) Site Junkee
 

No comments:

Photo Jo Jo is the new cool!

Photojojo: World's Best Photo Projects, DIY, and Gadgets
    get this for your page
    DreamHost coupon